PM6110 META-DX1 Ethernet PHYs
|The META-DX1 family devices are multi-purpose Ethernet MACs/PHYs supporting rates from 1GE to 400GE. Each family member has 48 high-speed SerDes to enable up to 1.2 Tbps capacity with PAM4 SerDes, 800 Gbps when configured for gearboxing or 2:1 mux applications, and 600 Gbps capacity with NRZ SerDes. These highly flexible devices support retiming (analog and PCS), forward and reverse gearboxing, industry-leading timestamping accuracy to enable Class C/D PTP applications, hitless 2:1 multiplexing, crosspoint functionality, and flexible I/O to enable connectivity to a variety of optical modules, DACs, packet processors, and Ethernet switches.
The META-DX1 family has members supporting MACsec for encryption and Flexible Ethernet (FlexE) for Data Center Interconnect and Service Provider applications.
Protecting Ethernet traffic from ever-growing network security threats requires that any data leaving the data center must be encrypted. MACsec encrypts Ethernet traffic at the frame level and was designed to provide standards-based end-to-end WAN security.
FlexE provides a way to optimize the use of network capacity, and enables a layer of flexibility between standards-based Ethernet rates, providing opex and capex benefits. FlexE enables large packet flows with higher efficiency than using Link Aggregation Groups (LAG). FlexE also allows the use of cost-optimized 100G optical modules while supporting new, higher data rates. FlexE on a switch or router can also reduce capex by enabling the transport portion of the network to choose a wavelength that maximizes the bandwidth efficiency.
- Up to 1.2 Tbps capacity throughput in a single device
- Ethernet client support from 1GE to 400GE
- Flexible Ethernet support
- Line-speed MACsec encryption engines (10G-400G support)
- 48 integrated 28G NRZ/56G PAM4 SerDes
- Optional Interlaken interface
- Direct connectivity to passive copper cables including support for link training and auto negotiation
- PTP (IEEE 1588v2) support up to Class C/D for 10G-400G
- SyncE support
- Ethernet retiming
- OTN retiming
- 800G forward and reverse gearbox functionality
- Hitless 2:1 mux mode for Working/Protect functionality
- Flexible I/O and crosspoint functionality supports “any-to-any” SerDes connection
Benefits for Service Providers & OEMs
- 1.2 Tbps device enables 10 Tbps+ line cards
- Class C/D timestamping enables 5G-ready equipment
- Crosspoint enables flexible connection to multiple types of optics on a single design
- FlexE enables a path to meet DCI requirements of hyperscale cloud service providers
- Enables MACsec to be deployed across existing Ethernet switched networks
- Hardware compatibility and common SDK across family reduces overall investment and reduces time to market
- Software Development Kit (SDK) APIs to reduce development time
|Part#||Analog Retimer||PCS Retimer||Gearbox||Crosspoint||PTP||Hitless Mux||Interlaken||MACsec||FlexE||Ethernet Rate Support||Max Capacity (PAM4)||Max Capacity (NRZ)|
|PM6110||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||1GE to 400GE||1.2T||600G|